Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holiday Tips

Thanksgiving is around the corner. Do you want to cook a meal, but don't have the funds, then look for assistance in your area. I don't know if it's too late in the month, but there are organizations that will provide food for you and your family. Some one actually gave me this idea. My group and I had to put a single parent panel together for school and one of our panelist was from an organization. He came in to talk about the single parents they help. He said they help a lot of families each year and my idea stemmed from there. Please go get that holiday food so your family can enjoy and please throw away your pride. Another innovated idea is saving and using coupons, this never hurt anybody. Also look for items that are on sale and try using generic brand foods this holiday season too. If you can't afford gifts for your children, by all means don't go broke. When I was younger Good Fellow used to help families that needed assistance with getting parents gifts for their children. I think these are very helpful tips in a economy like this.

No comments: