Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The 56th Inaugural

Hello
I will put away my morning and grief to talk about yesterday's inauguration. I must say it a was ground breaking day. Martin Luther King's hopes and dreams have finally come true and I must say I'm very glad to see them come alive. I was so happy and elated to see the first African American President be sworn into office and President and Mrs. Obama looked quit dapper if I must say. Tears did roll down my face as I thought about how people have been fighting the good fight to get to where we are today. No one knows half the battle until they stepped into their shoes. While I am a young African American woman, I can not say I know the pain my ancestors went through, but by reading history books I know they did have some struggle. I was most happy when I was able to work at Greenfield Village in a house built by African Americans in the 1800's and I was most excited to work in a slave house, yes a slave house and both of them from Georgia. I loved to see people coming in with their faced lighted up like children wanting to know the history on both. I had the opportunity to dress in clothing from the time period of the house built in 1800's. My co-workers and I also prepared food dishes that the family cooked and took care of chickens. I really liked doing this job, but in my opinion the pay sucked, but I had the opportunity to appreciate life and see how African Americans and some European Americans lived. It was so beautiful to see , we the people of America, Blacks,Whites, Asian American, Arab Americans, Latinos and any other nationality I left out to witness history together as a nation. We are a new generation that can over come any optical.

No comments: